Join Your Adventure Party!
Join an Adventuring Party of four to eight fellow Apprentices questing and learning new skills together. Each team is mentored by our expert Realms Guides. Together as a team you…
- Work with a Realms Guide mentoring you and your team on your quest.
- Train to be self-directed, empowered to craft your journey together through the Realms.
- Contribute to the greater community, helping younger Adventurers, your family and elders.
- Forge a cohort of friends who are reliable, thoughtful, and truly helpful to one another.
Learn Realms Skills
In monthly outdoor weekends and evening meetups, you craft your character, quest through stories, and learn the following skills:
Character Creation & Role-Playing Develop your character—become an Elf, Wizard, Ranger, and more! Level up in the game of Realms by accumulating experience in essential outdoor skills. Learn stealth, archery, and wilderness survival to stay safe on your journey. Let animals, plants, trees and other forces of nature be your guides. Develop authentic skills of animal tracking and nature awareness.
Costumes & Theater Arts Create a costume and questing tools that are fully functional for your wilderness adventures. Work with fiber, leather, stone, bone, metal, and more. Go forth safely into battle with foam swords, arrows, and war hammers. Learn theater arts and handcrafts to create costumes and makeup for creature designs.
Questing & Storytelling Live the game. Experience an ongoing role-playing saga where each weekend is a new adventure. Weave these tales into an epic year-long story, questing with your friends. Help run the end-of-year Realms Faire & Festival with questing games, music, and tournaments. Always remember: the fate of the Realms is in your hands!
As a champion in the Realms you follow the trails of deer, elk, fox, and bobcats to discover their mysteries. You also learn to decode bird language, using forest songs and calls to help find other wildlife.
Explore the Program Schedule
Fall to Spring, 1 weekend a month & 1 optional evening a month
This transported program is made up of Weekend Adventures where your team explores and trains in the outdoors and Seasonal Gatherings where families can connect with each other. You can choose a Single Day or an Overnight schedule. Schedule options below.
Option #1 - Weekend Days 7 total - Typically 1 Sunday a month (8 AM - 3:30 PM)
During Weekend Adventures Days we journey outdoors on a quest while training in nature skills with our Adventure Party. Weekend Adventure Days include:
- Co-creating an ongoing, year-long story, questing in the Realms with your Adventure Party.
- Encountering Non-Player Characters (NPCs) who impart wisdom and skill, furthering your quest.
- Training in the outdoor skills of tracking, stealth, archery, and wilderness survival.
- Learning the folk craft skills of stewardship, wild plants, and outdoor cooking.
Option #2 - Weekend Overnights 8 total - Typically 1 weekend a month, Fri (5:30 PM) to Sun (3:30 PM)
During Weekend Overnights you journey to the wilderness to camp out and train with your Trackers Team and Guide. Stay in tents in the fall and spring and in cabins in winter. Weekend Overnights include:
- 5 weekend overnights at our wilderness site in Sandy, Oregon
- 1 weekend overnight camping at the Oregon coast
- 1 weekend overnight at a snowy mountain lodge learning winter survival skills.
- 1 weekend overnight helping to lead the yearly Trackers Rendezvous for younger Apprentices
- Evening Meetups 23 total - Typically 1 Friday evening a week (4:30 PM - 6 PM)
Apprentices in our Overnight Weekends also get 23 optional Evening Meetups. Apprentices gather at Trackers Lodge in Portland, Oregon to connect with your Adventure Party. Evening Meetups are optional and include:
- Playing RPGs with your Adventure Party, connecting with friends and mentors.
- Training in Trackers skills—wood carving, archery, compass work, and more.
- Planning for your next Weekend Adventure—preparing gear, activities, food, and more.
- Evening meetups are typically every Friday afternoon with holiday breaks (see schedule).
Seasonal Gatherings 5 total throughout the year
Realms families can attend Seasonal Gatherings filled with food, fun, and connection. Organized by Trackers Teams, these events are and optional and include:
- Family Picnic Welcome the autumnal harvest with festivities, food, and music.
- Track-or-Treat Trick-or-treat on a fun and mysterious tracking trail through the Trackers Lodge.
- Holiday Party Herald the arrival of winter with food and friends at our Holiday Party.
- Garden Party Help plant our gardens for summer and fall in Sandy, Oregon.
- Graduation Wrap our year together with a community potluck and BBQ.
Get a Trackers Realms Membership
Register and receive a Trackers Realms Membership for your full year (Sept - August). This includes:
- A Trackers T-Shirt, Trackers Woodcarving Guide & monthly Trackers Journal.
- 50% off the Trackers Archery Range for immediate family members (free during Seasonal Gatherings).
- 10% off other Realms programs for the registered Realms Apprentice. Includes all programs occurring from program start to the end of following summer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or scholarships.
Option #1 - Weekend Days
Includes 7 Weekend Days, 5 Family Gatherings
Reserve your place with a $195 non-refundable deposit, then 9 monthly payments of $128 (total $1,347). Your first payment is due August 31.
Option #2 - Weekend Overnights
Includes 8 Weekend Overnights, 23 Evening Meetups, 5 Family Gatherings
Reserve your place with a $195 non-refundable deposit, then 9 monthly payments of $295 (total $2,850). Your first payment is due August 31.
Returning Student Discount Apprentices returning from the previous program year (within Fall to Spring) receive a 15% discount. Use your discount code (emailed) or Contact Us to receive one.
Need Financial Help? We offer Opportunity & Merit Scholarships of 5% - 15% off. Up to a $200 discount off the full tuition. It's quick and easy to apply.
Please note, scholarships and multiple discounts cannot be combined.