Join Your Adventure Party!
Join an Adventuring Party of four to eight fellow Apprentices questing and learning new skills together. Each team is mentored by our expert Realms Guides. Together as a team you…
- Work with a Realms Guide mentoring you and your team on your quest.
- Train to be self-directed, empowered to craft your journey together through the Realms.
- Contribute to the greater community, helping younger Adventurers, your family and elders.
- Forge a cohort of friends who are reliable, thoughtful, and truly helpful to one another.
At Realms Homeschool, kids make friends while sharing adventures with a Team of like-minded peers. This premier outdoor education program helps youth develop awareness, fortitude, and competency. With dedication and hard work, our Homeschool experience leads to life-long learning and love of nature.
Learn Realms Skills
Realms Homeschool moves with the seasons. In the Fall and Spring, when the weather is better, we spend most of our time outdoors on adventurous quests. When Winter comes, we spend many days crafting costumes in our art studio, forging foam weapons, playing and creating tabletop games. In weekly outdoor adventures craft your character, quest through stories, and learn the following skills:
Character Creation & Role-Playing Develop your character—become an Elf, Wizard, Ranger, and more! Level up in the game of Realms by accumulating experience in essential outdoor skills. Learn stealth, archery, and wilderness survival to stay safe on your journey. Let animals, plants, trees and other forces of nature be your guides. Develop authentic skills of animal tracking and nature awareness.
Costumes & Theater Arts Create a costume and questing tools that are fully functional for your wilderness adventures. Work with fiber, leather, stone, bone, metal, and more. Go forth safely into battle with foam swords, arrows, and war hammers. Learn theater arts and handcrafts to create costumes and makeup for creature designs.
Questing & Storytelling Live the game. Experience an ongoing role-playing saga where each weekend is a new adventure. Weave these tales into an epic year-long story, questing with your friends. Help run the end-of-year Realms Faire & Festival with questing games, music, and tournaments. Always remember: the fate of the Realms is in your hands!
As a champion in the Realms you follow the trails of deer, elk, fox, and bobcats to discover their mysteries. You also learn to decode bird language, using forest songs and calls to help find other wildlife.
Explore the Program
Fall to Spring, 1 day a week, 5 seasonal gatherings
This program is made up of weekly Adventure Days where your team explores and trains in the outdoors. Plus, our optional Seasonal Family Gatherings. Schedule options below!
Realms Days 24 total - Thursdays (8:15 AM - 3:30 PM)
During Adventure Days we journey to the wilderness to quest and train in skills or play games and craft in the studio.
Seasonal Gatherings 5 total - Weekday evenings or Weekends during the day
During Seasonal Gatherings our Teams help to plan and organize a community gathering for their families with food, fun, and connection. These events are optional for families to attend and include:
- Tracktoberfest Welcome the autumnal harvest with festivities, food, and music.
- Track-or-Treat Trick-or-treat on a fun and mysterious tracking trail through the Trackers Lodge.
- Holiday Party Herald the arrival of winter with food and friends at our Holiday Party.
- Garden Party Help plant our gardens for summer and fall in Sandy, Oregon.
- Graduation Wrap our year together with a community potluck and BBQ.
Locations SE Portland
Realms Homeschool Membership
Register and receive a full Trackers Homeschool Membership for your full year (Sept - May). This includes:
- 24 Adventure Days, 5 Seasonal Family Gatherings
- A Trackers T-Shirt, Trackers Woodcarving Guide & monthly Trackers Journal.
- 50% off the Trackers Archery Range for immediate family members (free during Seasonal Gatherings).
Tuition includes all adventure days, meetups and seasonal gatherings. Reserve your place with a $671 non-refundable deposit, then pay the remaining tuition in 8 monthly payments of $253 (total $2,695). Your first payment is due August 31.
Returning Student Discount Apprentices returning from a previous program year (within Fall to Spring) receive a 15% discount. Use your discount code (emailed) or contact us at email@example.com to receive one.
Need Financial Help? We offer Opportunity & Merit Scholarships of 5% - 15% off. Up to a $342 discount off the full tuition. It's quick and easy to apply.
Please note, scholarships and multiple discounts cannot be combined.